I gotta admit I'm still reading Timothy Ferriss' other book The 4-Hour Body but can't wati to read his next one… via fourhourworkweek.com - "The 4-Hour Chef is Live! The 4-Hour Chef is now on sale on Amazon! ere’s the complete title: The 4-Hour Chef: The Simple Path to Cooking Like a Pro, Learning Anything, and Living the Good Life. See the full book description, sneak-peek photos, and moreHERE." On top af the book you can download the first Kindle Fire book teaser and app! "100% free and titled “A Christmas Countdown Experiment: The 4-Hour Chef Teaser,” it includes a seven-day Christmas countdown advent calendar, with unusual tips that allow you to enjoy wine, cookies, and all the other holiday vices… while losing fat. From strategic yo-yo dieting and tequila hot chocolate, to exploding cows and tattoos, it’s full of surprises."
Over at my main blog the17thman I do "Swim Report's" several times a week with news from and about the swimming world. Over here on my Random Stuff I'm going to do the same with a "Workout Report". I don't know how often I'll update it but here is the first "Workout Report".
1. Gear Junkie looks at "Adventure Racing Food Plan." The post talks about what to eat during the 300+ mile Wenger Patagonian Expedition Race which is way more then I'd ever do. With that said some of the food plan ideas are great even for a shorter 10 mile run or long swim.
2. I don't know about this, Uncrate looks at "Adidas SLVR S-M-L Shoes…Now here's an idea: shoes that are sized just like t-shirts. These Adidas SLVR S-M-L Shoes ($150) come in three easy to fit sizes — we'll let you guess what they are — and offer a four-way stretch mesh upper, ensuring both proper fit and breathability, two-tone laces, a stretchable outsole, and a stylish black, white, and red design." Something about shoes being fitted correctly seems to be more important then just picking up a medium size tee shirt. But what do I know.
3. Anti-Fitness! From The Consumerist "meet the mcrunner - Man Trains For Marathon While Eating McDonald's-Only Diet"
5. Brrr…is it Spring yet? Not yet so Cool Hunting goes hunting for some warmth in "DeFeet - The ultimate socks and gloves for pushing the limits when cycling the city."
6. Holly Krazziness! Check out the daily update of Dean Karnazez over at Map My Run. "Ultramarathon man Dean Karnazes' attempt to run across america. Dean will run 40 to 50 miles a day for nearly 75 days!" Good god, I'm lucky if I can run 50 miles in a month!
7. This is the coolest thing I've seen in some time. Over at UrbanDaddy a look at Jog.fm - "Introducing Jog.fm, a site connecting you with playlists calibrated to suit the intensity of your workout, online now."
8. What every cyclist needs! From Gizmodo "This Beer Bag for Bikes Is Perfect for Cycling Alcoholics."
9. Check out The Blog of Tim Ferriss who is the author of the "The 4-Hour Body" and his latest post "12 Lessons Learned While Marketing “The 4-Hour Body” (Plus: SXSW)"
10. Virtual Running? Kotaku "If Running For Charity Is Too Exhausting, There’s Always Virtually Running For Charity."