Happy Friday The 13th! Here are 13 stories from the world of aquatics that you may have missed.
1. The Idaho State Journal profiles 87 year old swimmer Ivan Haskell who will be the oldest swimmer at this years Senior Olympics.
3. Swimming World Magazine reports that " Ten FINA Masters World Records Fall During Meet " at the USMS Long Course Nationals.
4. Nevada's The Record-Courier profiles swimmer Richard Cannon who is heading to FINA World Masters Championships.
5. Chicago Now reflects on swimming and asks "Remember two years ago? When we CARED about Swimming?"
6. Swim Network's Mike Gustafson takes a funny look at "A Retired Swimmer's Workout".
7. The Morning Swim Reports talk to Natalie Coughlin as she gets ready for the Pan Pacs.
8. The NY Times profiles Amanda Beard in "For Champion Olympic Swimmer, a Simpler Time".
9. The Swimmers Circle reports on "Legends of the Pool: Tracy Caulkins, The Most Underrated Swimmer Ever."
10. At USA Swimming's 2010 National Championships Josh Schneider missed his 100 butterfly which meant he was DQed from his next event according to the rules. But Josh swam his next anyways under protest. Well Swim Network looks at this and says "Let the Punishment Fit the Crime".
11. SwimNews.com reports that the WADA the dopping agency claims that it isn't soft on missed tests.
12. The Morning Swim Reports talk to Rowdy Gaines.
13. Finally on this creepy Friday the 13th Kast-A-Way Blog looks at "What Is Goggle Rot? Visualizing Polymer Degradation". Now I'm too scared to wear my goggles!