A new season of The Biggest Loser started tonight, Wahoo! The episode started with a mini-preview of the season and meeting a few of these seasons contestants as they walked into The Biggest Loser Gym. Okay so here are the Season 11 Contestants -
• Rulon Gardner, 39, Olympic gold medal-winning wrestler, gym owner and motivational speaker; Justin Pope, 39, business owner, city worker and bounty hunter (friends)
• Dan Evans, 54, police captain; Don Evans, 54, police lieutenant (brothers)
• Olivia Ward, 35, opera singer and manager at plastic surgery office; Hannah Curlee, 32, human resources rep for a healthcare company (sisters)
• Larialmy Allen, 26, student services program coordinator; Jaquin Allen, 27, patient services representative (married)
• Ana Alvarado, 50, letter carrier for U.S. Postal Service; Irene Alvarado, 26, student (mother-daughter)
• Ken Andrews, 49, pastor; Austin Andrews, 21, radio board operator (father-son)
• Courtney Crozier, 22, student and restaurant manager; Marci Crozier, 49, general manager of a health club and restaurant owner (mother-daughter)
• Jay Jacobs, 53, entrepreneur; Jennifer Jacobs, 28, entrepreneur/digital media owner (father-daughter)
• Denise "Deni" Hill, 59, administrative assistant; Sarah Nitta, 27, college admissions counselor (mother-daughter)
• Jesse Wornum, 61, insurance agent; Arthur Wornum, 34, stay-at-home dad and day care provider (father-son)
• Moses Kinikini, 47, garage door installer; Kaylee Kinikini, 20, student (father-daughter)
Right off came the weigh in:
Brown Team - Austin and Ken who weigh in at a combined 773 pounds
Aqua Team - Courtney and Marci weighed in at 561 pounds
Orange Team - Ana and Irene weighed in at 510 pounds
Red Team - Larialmy and Jaquin weighed in at 738 pounds
Blue Team - Arthur and Jesse weighed in at 800 pounds
Pink Team - Sarah and Denise weighed in at 517 pounds
Green Team - Jennifer and Jay weighed in at 678 pounds
Purple Team - Olivia and Hannah weighed in at 509 pounds
Grey Team - Kaylee and Moses weighed in at 673 pounds
Black Team - Dan and Don weighed in at 596 pounds
Yellow Team - Justina and Rulon weighed in at 839 pounds making them the biggest (heaviest) team on the ranch.
Then it was time for the 1st Challenge of the season. This challenge will determine which trainer will work with each contestant. But as Ali said "Change in in the air"! The contestants will get to pick from Bob & JIllian or 2 new trainers who are unknown. All we can see is the two trainers in the shadows. Six teams will train with Bob and Jillian while the five teams will train with the new trainers. And wait for the bonus, the team that trains with the unknown trainers will get 4 weeks of immunity! As for the challenge itself each team has a treadmill and they must complete a 5K between them. I think it was Rulon who commented "I've heard of a 5K but wondered whose stupid enough to run one of them". Now that was funny! The first 6 teams to finished got to pick the trainers. The results:
11th - Black Team
10th - Blue Team
9th - Orange Team
8th - Red Team
7th - Pink Team
6th - Purple Team
5th - Brown Team
4th - Green Team
3rd - Aqua Team
2nd - Gray Team
1st - Yellow Team
So which team went with who?
Unknown Trainers - Yellow, Gray, Brown, Pink and Red
Bob & Jillian - Aqua, Green, Purple, Orange, Blue and Black.
After that the Bob & Jillian crew returned to the gym one by one telling the trainers what happened. Then it was time for the first workout. Now I love the first few workouts and think it should be a drinking game around it. You drink anytime someone pukes, falls of a treadmill or something out of America's Home Workout Videos. Or since it's a fitness show you have to run 1 mile on the treadmill for every one person who falls off. This week Don was the first to puke on camera. Meanwhile we get to see the other group train with the unknown trainers at The Biggest Loser Resort in Malibu. But still the trainers are a mystery! Ya know they will be milking this for weeks.
Back at the gym at the ranch Bob takes Arthur outside to inspire him and to find out why Arthur allowed himself to get to be 507. Then Jillian pulled up in a big Chevy truck and had the contestants push her and Bob around the ranch.
The Weigh In -
Ali tells the contestants that the others with the Unknown Trainers have already weighed in and the Yellow Team lost 59 pounds and Moses himself lost 41 pounds a new The Biggest Loser record for most weight lost in a week.
Aqua Team: -29 pounds / -5.17%
Courtney -15 pound
Mari -14 pounds
Blue Team: -38 pounds / -4.75%
Arthur -31 pounds
Jesse -7 pounds
Green Team: -46 pounds / -6.78%
Jen -20 pounds
Jay -26 pounds
Purple Team: -32 pounds / -6.29%
Olivia -16 pounds
Hannah -16 pounds
Orange Team: -22 pounds / -4.31%
Black Team: -40 / -6.7%
Don -19 pounds
Dan -21 pounds
The Yellow Team members were up for elimination. Ana asked the other contestants to send her home so that her daughter could stay and learn. The other contestants honored her wish and sent Ana home. While at home Ana has lost an additional 50 pounds so far.
And that was it for episode one of season eleven. Gotta admit I do wonder what is happening with the Unknown Trainers. Wish NBC would air or post webisodes of the folks in Malibu. Oh well till next week!
In some The Biggest Loser news, Cherrios has teamed up with The Biggest Loser Club:
How many years have you made a resolution to get active and lose weight only to find that come February, you have fallen back into your old eating habits and are less active than you had hoped? It can be a challenge, but this year MultiGrain Cheerios® cereal and The Biggest Loser Club® can help you get started on your weight management goals with a free 7-day plan.
With tips, advice, and inspiration, the MultiGrain Cheerios website can help you start your weight loss journey. After entering the code found inside specially marked boxes of MultiGrain Cheerios cereal, you can access exclusive tools visit www.MultiGrainCheerios.com/biggestloser today.
“The Biggest Loser: Couples” airs Tuesdays at 8 p.m. ET on NBC.