I have a crazy busy morning on Tuesday so I did this back to back with Monday's but scheaduled the post for 6am on Tuesday with the magic of the internet. So hopefully you all haven't read all of these off the beaten path stories from the world of swimming...
1. Those pool walkers might be on to something...Jockology at The Global & Mail looks at "The future of fitness may be in the pool…A growing pile of evidence supports the idea that water-based exercise is a good approach for people with joint pain or poor balance, offering some unique benefits that can’t be replicated on land." via sweat science.
2. Garrett Weber-Gales talks up "Hard Work Paves Road for Improvement…Few things are as much fun as swimming fast. Going best times is even better! This past weekend was a blast, as I not only swam very fast and also went a few best times to boot! Although I did not achieve my goal of going under 4:20 in the 500 free, I did go a best time by 10 seconds."
3. The Swimmers Circle looks at "Off the Deep End: Top 10 Greatest Names in Swimming Today." My personal favorite name is 7 Randi Wang! I'm still giggling over that one.
4. From LA Times "Gear: Putting new triathlon gadgets through their paces…Finis Swimsense: Utilizing motion-sensing technology, this is the first wristwatch monitor that can distinguish between strokes (freestyle, back, butterfly and breast). It can also record and download to your PC your laps, distance, calories burned, lap time, pace and stroke count."
5. Speed Endurance Swimming Blog continues it's look at the 400 Meter Free with "Pellegrini Responds, 3:57.59 - 400 SCM Free…Clearly outraged at the attention Rebecca Adlington garnered from her 4:02.84 400 LCM Free on Saturday night, Federica Pellegrini responded emphatically."
6. Aquaman Shrine previews Aquaman in "Young Justice Figures Preview, Cd."
7. SCAQ Blog proclaims "Jason Lezak still remains the fastest American this year in the 50-meter free!"
9. Sun Live reports "Armed police break up swim lesson."
10. Stuff reports "Beyonce sheds stress by swimming…Beyonce Knowles has revealed that swimming in the ocean is her favourite way to relax."